Stamina can be described in different ways, but when it comes to sex, it often refers to how long you can last in bed. For males, the average time between the sheets is anywhere from two to five minutes. For females, it’s a bit longer about 20 minutes before reaching orgasms. If you are unsatisfied with how quickly you do the deed, there are a number of things you can try to boost your stamina and improve your overall sexual performance. Masturbation is one of the things that can help you last longer in bed by releasing up built-up sexual tension. Also exercise can help build up strength during sexual activity.
Why should I choose potassium rich foods?
Eat the foods that are rich in potassium, because they keep your muscles and cells hydrated, aids in recovery and boost your metabolism and all of which are important if you want to keep up your stamina.
Examples of foods which are rich in potassium
- White potato.
- Low-fat milk or yogurt.
Consider eating foods that are packed with protein, because protein foods can give your body a longer-lasting source of energy
Example of protein foods include:
- Lean red meat, poultry, and fish.
- Yogurt, cheese, and milk.
Foods that are packed with complex crabs can give your body a long-lasting energy boost.
Foods with complex crabs include:
- Yams and sweet potatoes.
- Whole wheat bread.
- Brown rice and wild rice.
- Quinoa, barley, bulgur, and other whole grains.
- Peas and dried beans.
B-1 to B-5 and B-12 regulate your sex hormone levels and function that can give your libido a performance boost.
Foods rich in B vitamins include:
- Lean meat, fish, and poultry
- Peanut butter.
- Fortified and enriched grains.
- Milk and dairy products.
- Leafy green vegetables.
Omega-3s are essential fatty acids that help balance your sex hormones, giving your libido and stamina a nice boost.
Foods packed with omega-3s include:
- Flaxseed, china seeds, and hemp.
- Kale and spinach.
- Muna and other oily fish.
Many studies shown that L-citruline is a naturally occurring amino acid that can increase strength, stamina and may also maintain an erection.
Foods high in L-citrulline include:
- Onions and garlic.
- Legumes and nuts.
- Salmon and red meat.
- Dark chocolate.
Foods that are packed with L-arginine
The body converts L-citrulline to L-arginine another amino acid that improves blood flow and builds protein.
Foods with L-arginine include:
- Red meat, fish, and poultry.
- Whole grains.
- Milk, yogurt, and other dairy products.
Nitrates improve how your muscles use oxygen, which can help enhance your performance inside and outside the bedroom.
Nitrate-rich foods include:
- Arugula, swiss chard, and other leafy greens.
- Beets and beet juice.
Natural herbs for men to improve their sexual stamina
- This slow-growing, short plant is believed to improve symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
- This small tree native to Brazil is considered an aphrodisiac. It may also help treat erectile dysfunction.
- Also known as goji berry, this Chinese fruit plant is thought to increase testosterone levels and treat erectile dysfunction.
Mens Clinic International deals with any sexual problems that are related to Weak Erections, Early Ejaculation, Low Libido, STIs or Circumcision. Do get in touch with us to book a consultation with our professional doctors who specialise in Men’s Sexual Health.
To read more about sexual stamina, click here.