"Mens Clinic International" also refers to companies that operate under the Mens Clinic International brand.
Your privacy is very important to us.
Protecting your privacy is very important to us and we are committed to keeping all the information you share with us safe and secure, in accordance with the very latest legislation. To understand more how we protect your privacy, please read further:
What is your personal information?
We need certain personal information from you in order for you can make an appointment and consult with our medical professionals and make purchases in any form. Personal information includes any personal information that is specified under the Protection of Personal Information Act. This policy applies whenever we process the personal information of a person visiting any of our branches, marketing platforms or communicating with us through any of our communication channels like email, whatsapp, and social media or by calling our customer service agents.
It also applies if you are a third-party and we process information as a result of your relationship with our customer, for example if you are a married and enquiring on your spouse’s wellbeing.
We may amend this policy from time to time, in line with changes required by legislation or our business operations. You must therefore review the policy whenever you visit any of our channels for any such changes. The amended version shall supersede and replace all previous versions. By entering into any agreement with us, or by applying to enter any such agreement, or by using our website, or any other Mens Clinic International platform you agree to the terms of this policy.
What is the Protection of Personal Information Act and how does it protect you?
The Protection of Personal Information ("POPI") is aimed at protecting all your personal information and tells us what we must and must not do with it. POPI ensures that we always handle your personal information responsibly, in a way that protects you and your privacy.
In addition to POPI, Mens Clinic International also complies with all other legislation that applies to your personal information.
The type of information we collect and process.
- General personal information and contact details like name, DOB, ID numbers, address, contact numbers, email address, employment etc;
- Current health status/issues.
- Financial payment information;
- Demographic information – information about where you live
- Cookies and device information like browser settings, IP address, time of logging on etc;
- Advertising and online information like your interactions with our websites and platforms where we advertise our products and services;
- Payment behavior in any form;
- Your views, opinions preferences; and
- Consent records
Collecting your information.
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Directly if you provide it to us through any communication with us or via any Mens Clinic International channel, including but not limited to our electronic channels, applications, our website or our call centre.
- A spouse of partner.
- Public sources, including social media.
- Website cookies
Personal information about children and special/sensitive personal information.
Mens Clinic International will only process information about children with the consent of a competent person (like the parent or guardian) or if an applicable law otherwise allows it. We do not intend to use any ‘special/sensitive personal information as defined in the applicable laws, other than health related information.
What we use your information for?
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To perform our duties in terms of any agreement with you.
- Assist with your health issues.
- To carry out, monitor and analyse our business;
- Linking all information about you available within Mens Clinic International to use it for legitimate business purposes, including but not limited to updating records, making marketing selections and contacting you and making you aware of special offers.
- To contact you as allowed for in law by email, SMS, letter, telephone or in any other way about our products and services, or a third party’s products or services that may interest you, unless you tell us that you do not want to receive these marketing communications.
- Form a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve products that may interest you;
- Market research, business analysis and the building of marketing or credit models;
- Data science, modelling, statistical and analytical purposes,
- Perform other administrative and operational processes including the testing of systems;
- Comply with our regulatory or other legal obligations;
- Share information as set out in this policy, including with other companies under the Mens Clinic International (Pty) Ltd brand;
- Your information may also be used for other purposes for which you give your permission or where the law allows us to use it.
How we keep your information secure.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and will take all reasonable internal technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss of, damage or unauthorised access to and the unauthourised disclosure, modification or destruction of your personal information. We also have physical and electronic access controls to our buildings and only authorise access to information to those employees who require it to fulfil their designated responsibilities.
Any card information you enter on our website is encrypted and protected with industry-standard online encryption software. This software scrambles and encodes information transmitted across the internet, including your credit card number and name.
How you can help keep your information secure.
If you choose to send us information online (via the internet), it is done so at your own risk. The transfer of information via the internet is not completely secure, so it is important that when entering your personal information via the internet, it is your responsibility to ensure that you always use a secure and trusted internet connection, a secure computer or other electronic device. When you use our electronic channels for transactions, you may be given certain information like a username, password etc… You are responsible to keep all of this information safe and confidential.
How long we keep information.
We retain personal information in accordance with the required retention periods in law or for our industry business purposes. We will only retain your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy. We may keep personal information indefinitely in a de-identified format for statistical purposes.
Information we share.
We will keep your personal information confidential and only share it for purposes set out in this policy, if you have consented thereto, or if we have a legal right or obligation to share it.
We have trusted relationships with third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf. We will share information with them on a need-to-know basis and subject to a contract to maintain the security and confidentiality of your personal information and to use it for our specified purposes only.
In addition, we may share information with the following parties:
- Payment system service providers;
- Regulatory and governmental authorities, ombudsmen, or other authorities.
- Other companies under the Mens Clinic International (Pty) Ltd brand, to prepare offers and market to you and for other legitimate business purposes.
- Any third party to whom we sell or transfer a portion of our business; and
- Any other third party if we are allowed to do so in law.
We will report any security breach to both the Information Regulator and the individuals or companies involved. If you want to report any concerns about our privacy practices or if you suspect any breach regarding your personal information, kindly notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our contact centre at +27 11 523 5003.
Third-party links on our channels or platforms.
The Mens Clinic International channels, platforms and our correspondence with you may include links to other apps or third-party websites which do not fall under our supervision. We cannot accept any responsibility for your privacy or the content of these third-party sites, but we may display these links in order to make it easier for you to find information about specific subjects, products or services. Your use of and reliance on any third-party links is at your own risk.
Your legal rights.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. As available and except as limited by POPI, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- Right of access: the right to be informed of and request access to the personal information that we process about you;
- Right to rectification: you may request that your personal information be amended or updated where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure the right to request that we delete your personal information, subject to applicable limitations and exceptions;
- Right to restrict processing: you may request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing your personal information;
- Right to object: you may object to us processing your personal information, including to object to your personal information being processed for direct marketing purposes or in terms of;
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making: where a decision that has a legal or other significant effect is based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, you may, subject to certain exceptions, or request that your personal information not be processed in that manner.
Where you have previously provided consent for us to process your personal information, you may also withdraw your consent. However, we may continue to process or store your personal information if another legal justification exists for the processing or storage of said information.
Quality and access to your information.
Quality: we want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any personal information that you think is inaccurate, by sending us an email at email@example.com or calling our contact centre at +27 11 523 5003.
Please also inform us promptly of any updates to your personal information.
Access: you have the right to request that we provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. You must contact us directly to do so via the channels mentioned above. This request may be subject to an access to information request in terms of applicable laws and may require you to verify your identity.
The right to access your personal information may further be limited in terms of applicable law.
If you qualify as a customer at Mens Clinic International or we obtained your details in the context of a sale/ consultation/ sign-up/ or electronically, we will market to you unless you opt out. Where we believe that third-party products affiliated with the group may interest you, we will also market these third-party products to you. You can always opt out from these. We will never sell your information to third-parties for marketing purposes.
Some marketing and communications are done solely through automated processes. In instances where these may have a legal impact or affect you significantly, we implement adequate measures to protect your legitimate interests.
Cross-border flow of information.
We may transfer your personal information to foreign countries mainly for the business purposes of the companies under the Mens Clinic International (Pty) Ltd brand, for retention or if our service providers are cross border or make use of cross border systems. If you continue to use our website or apply to or enter into an agreement with us, you expressly agree that we may transfer the personal information cross border for these purposes. We will only share information cross border to recipients who are subject to international laws that similar to the applicable South African laws (POPI), or who have entered into an agreement with us to include the relevant POPI principles.
Your right to object.
You may, on reasonable grounds, object to us using your information. If you object, we will stop using your information, except if the law allows its continued use or storage.
How to lodge a complaint.
If you believe we are using your information unlawfully, you may lodge a complaint directly to us at:
Contact Centre: +27 11 523 5003.
Alternatively, you may lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator at:
South Africa: The Information Regulator
Address: SALU Building, 316 Thabo Sehume Street, Pretoria
Contact number: 012 406 4818
Fax number: 086 500 3351
We will stay updated to protect your information.
If you have any questions about it or do not agree with it, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our contact centre on +27 11 523 5003.