What is Sexual Meditation?
Sexual meditation can be referred to as many different things. It can simply refer to a general mindfulness or meditation practice. A more mindful approach to sex while you are in the moment. These are specific exercises that have sexual intention and mindfulness components, or specific mindful work that could have a particular payoff during sex.
Who can engage in sexual meditation?
Sexual meditation can be performed solo or with a partner and with a guide or without one. It centres on the practice of mindfulness.
Mindfulness practices during sex
- Focus on the present moment.
- Experience thoughts and feelings.
- Experience sensations without judging or labelling them.
How to practice sexual meditation
- Start a simple daily mindfulness practice.
- Do back-to-back partner activity together.
- Open your eyes while you meditate then try it during sex.
- Try an eye contact exercise.
- Take a distracting thought in a sexier direction.
- Try a ‘slow sex’ session.
The benefits of sexual meditation
- Reduces stress, which makes sex more enjoyable.
- Teaches you to focus on the present, leading to better orgasms.
- It can increase your sex drive.
- Meditating together can make you closer with your partner.
- Sex will feel fresh again.
How to explore sexual meditation
Sexual meditation can be practiced with training or a guide. However, like many mindfulness practices, it requires only that you take a break from your activities of daily life and focus on your body, bringing awareness to each part in turn. But many people find it hard to meditate on their own, and this form of meditation is no different. It’s easy to get distracted or frustrated. There are many guided meditations available both for free and for purchase. You can also find material specific to couples or to solo exploration. In addition, there are podcasts and apps that cover sexual meditation.
Sexual excitement depends on mindfulness
The intimacy we share, build and maintain relies on how mindful we are when we physically connect. Sex involves a huge mental element whether we are in the moment together by being considerate of each other’s needs or even visualizing together.
Mindfulness helps to enhance sexual activity
Many studies have shown that mindfulness can help us enjoy better sex and even resolve sexual problems. By learning to embrace ourselves, our desires, and the sensations of sex, we are making space for us to connect on a deeper level with our partner.Mens Clinic International deals with any sexual problems that are related to Weak Erections, Early Ejaculation, Low Libido, STIs or Circumcision. Do get in touch with us to book a consultation with our professional doctors who specialise in Men’s Sexual Health.Contact us now to find out more about Mens Clinic prices and the effects of weak erections. Or click here to book an appointment with one of our friendly doctors in your area.To read more about sexual meditation, click here.