Most people in the world suffer the effects of poor blood circulation. If you often experience cold hands or feet, you may be among them. Not only can this be uncomfortable, but it can negatively impact your health. Consequently, your body functions can decline if your brain is receiving inadequate blood supply. Reduced blood flow could lead to erectile dysfunction. However, there are vitamins, minerals, and supplements that can help improve your blood circulation.
Both traditional and medical practitioners agree that proper blood circulation is a key factor of health and wellness. Specific vitamins and supplements are used to support healthy blood flow for your entire body or for specific areas. Above all, taking vitamins and supplements that boost your blood flow can improve your body’s blood circulation with a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
Vitamins to improve your blood circulation
- Firstly, Vitamin E – include this vitamin into your diet by preparing foods using oils like wheat germ oil, hazelnut oil, sunflower oil, and other nut oils. Also purchase food-grade vitamin E oil.
- Secondly, B Vitamins - you will find vitamin B supplements in most grocery and drugstore vitamin aisles. In addition, leafy green vegetables like spinach and kale are great sources of these vitamins.
- Thirdly, Iron - this mineral is available in supplement form, which makes it easy to ingest an adequate amount. Moreover, it is possible to get enough iron through your diet too by eating a lot of red meats and leafy green vegetables.
Herbs that improve blood circulation
- Bacopa (Bacopa monnieri).
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum).
- Butcher’s broom (Ruscus aculeatus).
- Cayenne (Capsicum annuum).
- Chickweed (Stellaria media).
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale).
- Gotu kola (Centella asiatica).
- Hawthorn (Crataegus).
- Maidenhair (Ginkgo biloba).
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris).
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa).
How to improve circulation naturally
This is among the top methods for getting your blood flowing. Because the heart is at the centre of the body’s blood flow, it’s important to have a healthy heart if you aim for optimal circulation everywhere in your body.
The body experiences stress and blood vessels constrict. Above all, learning to manage your stress is a great way to complement other things you are doing to improve your circulation.
Massaging your body can help with stress management and improve circulation through the lymphatic and cardiovascular systems. When the muscles are manipulated effectively by a professional your body releases chemicals called endorphins that make you feel good. In addition, some massage therapists even offer treatment using essential oils that may help improve blood flow, such as rosemary, sage, and juniper.
Blood has very high water content. So keeping your body well-hydrated is an easy way to maintain or improve your circulation.
Smoke causes blood vessels to constrict, decreasing the amount of blood that is able to flow through those vessels.
Increasing blood flow to the penis
Known as the sunshine vitamin, vitamin D has many benefits. Most importantly these include keeping the cells that line the blood vessels (endothelial cells) healthy.
L-arginine is an amino acid that helps expand blood vessels and amplify blood flow.
Ginseng (Panax quinquefolius L.) is believed by natural healers to manage male sexual dysfunction as well as boost energy and promote relaxation.
Made from the bark of a tree native to Western Africa, yohimbe has been used for years by natural healers to treat erectile dysfunction. Therefore the concentrated and standardized version is called yohimbine.
Horny Goat Weed
A traditional remedy for erectile dysfunction, low libido, and other complaints, horny goat weed is believed by many advocates of natural medicine to contain a compound that blocks the effects of an enzyme that restricts blood flow to the penis.
In conclusion, Mens Clinic International deals with any sexual problems that are related to Weak Erections, Early Ejaculation, Low Libido, STIs or Circumcision. Do get in touch with us to book a consultation with our professional doctors who specialise in Men’s Sexual Health.
To read more about Vitamins, click here.