One of the best ways to improve your health is cardiovascular exercise. Sex might get your heart rate up, but regular exercise can help your sexual performance by keeping your heart in shape. Thirty minutes a day of sweat-breaking exercise, such as running and swimming, can do wonders to boost your libido.
EAT THESE FRUITS & VEGETABLES TO IMPROVE SEXUAL PERFORMANCE
Certain foods can also help you increase blood flow including:
- Onions and garlic – they may help you with your blood circulation.
- Bananas – potassium-rich fruit may lower your blood pressure, which can benefit your important sexual parts and boost sexual performance.
- Chillies and peppers – most natural spicy foods may help with blood flow by reducing hypertension and inflammation.
EAT THESE MEATS AND OTHER FOODS
These foods may help you achieve better blood flow and to improve your sexual performance:
- Omega-3 fatty acids – this type of fat increases blood flow. You can find it in salmon, tuna, avocados and olive oil.
- Vitamin B-1 – this vitamin may assist with signals in your nervous system move quicker, including signals from your brain to your penis. It’s found in pork, peanuts and kidney beans.
- Eggs – high in other B vitamins, eggs help balance hormone levels. This can decrease stress that often inhibits an erection.
REDUCE STRESS TO IMPROVE SEXUAL PERFORMANCE
Stress can wreak havoc on all areas of your health, including your libido. Stress increases your heart rate (in the bad way) and increases blood pressure. Both of these are damaging to sexual desire and performance. Psychological stress can also affect achieving an erection or reaching an orgasm. Exercise is a great way to reduce stress and improve your health. Talking to your partner about your stress can also calm you down while strengthening your relationship at the same time.
GET RID OF BAD HABITS
What you rely on to unwind, such as smoking and consuming alcohol, could also affect sexual performance. While studies suggest that a little red wine can improve circulation, too much alcohol can have adverse effects. Stimulants narrow blood vessels and have been linked to impotence. Cutting down or quitting smoking is one of the first steps to improve performance. Replacing bad habits with healthy ones, such as exercise and eating well, can help boost sexual health.
GET SOME SUN
Sunlight stops the body’s production of melatonin. This hormone helps us sleep but also quiets our sexual urges. Less melatonin means the potential for more sexual desire.
PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR PARTNER
Sex isn’t a one-way street. Paying special attention to your partner’s desires not only makes sex pleasurable for them, but it can also help turn you on or slow you down. Talking about this beforehand can help ease any awkwardness if you need to slow down during a heated moment.
GETTING MORE HELP
If you have erectile dysfunction or other diagnosed disorders, you may need medical treatment. Don’t hesitate to talk to your doctor about how you can improve your sexual performance. It’s never a bad decision to exercise, eat right and enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
Mens Clinic International deals with any sexual problems that are related to Weak Erections, Early Ejaculation, Low Libido, STIs or Circumcision. Do get in touch with us to book a consultation with our professional doctors who specialise in Men’s Sexual Health.
To read more about sexual performance, click here.