It is time to grab the machetes, boys! The pubic jungle needs to be whacked off. It’s time to join the hairless crotch gang. Is there anyone who knows where it all began? Now more than ever more men are opting to abolish their short and curly pubes for a more streamlined and smoother nether-land experience. Who knows where this trend came from, be it porn or GQ, but men are seeing big perks by opting to go hairless. You have probably heard it somewhere that when you shave, you will appear big. Let’s dive in and explore this trend closer and learn the things a man might want to know before making the choice to have an open field.
What are the benefits of having a hairless penis?
Why would a man want to willingly put sharp things by his penis? The benefits have to be pretty sweet to take the clippers and razors to the area. Here is what we think are the reasons men have chosen to have it all off.
1) It makes the penis look bigger. Let’s be honest, this is one of the biggest draws out there. A lady has whispered, “If you shave it, you can see how big you really are,” to a man after oral while picking hairs out of her mouth. She knew what she was doing – she wants less fuss and you want to feel huge. Win-win.
2) Unrestricted access. As mentioned above, a hairless penis or one that is well maintained has a more hospitable feel for guests. In a study conducted by Cosmopolitan magazine, 70% of women said they preferred a man who manscaped. Want more oral? Invest in some trimmers.
3) Penis Smell Improves. Hair traps scent and all sorts of biological bits like urine, sweat, bacteria, semen, dead skin cells, and last night’s pilchard gravy (just kidding). All these tiny bits can turn into a big smell when wrapped in a warm cocoon of pubic hair. Skip a day of showering or watch the temps rise to realize how real the funk can get. Shaving the hair away means fewer places for these extras to cling to resulting in cleaner, less odor junk.
4) Partner pleaser. A hairless penis is smoother and less likely to cause the road rash that can happen with a lot of movement and friction. It also makes the penis easier to see and adjust as needed so a man can just sit back and enjoy every now and again.
Methods of Hair Removal
There are several ways to remove pubic hair. Some are a little easier than others, but they all have their benefits and downsides.
- Shaving – The most common way to remove hair. It can be done with a manual or electric razor or even clippers. Be sure to use a good pre-shave-oil and only shave each area once to reduce the incidence of razor burn. Using a razor or clippers, you will most likely cut yourself, so to avoid that you need to be gentle.
- Waxing – A longer-lasting method, it may be a little bit harder to find a salon that does male Brazilian waxes, but they are out there! Male Brazilian waxing is the removal of pubic hair using a special wax, which can be hot or cold that adheres to hairs and pulls them out when the wax is removed quickly from the skin, usually with a cloth strip. It will be a somewhat painful procedure, but the skin is soft and smooth after. Most results last five to six weeks, longer after several waxes.
- Depilatory Hair Removal Creams – The depilatory hair removal process takes about five to 10 minutes to work, depending on the thickness of hair and manufacturer's formula. When the chemical reaction has completed its job, the hair can be easily wiped off with a warm towel at, or somewhat below, the level of the skin. Depilatory cream makes removing the hair on the scrotum very easy. Be sure to follow the directions and precautions on the container, as these creams are often too harsh for delicate genital skin.
The Hairless Penis: A Little Downside
It wouldn’t be right to list the benefits without a few of the risks. First, the process of removing hair can cause some anxiety and nervousness which is natural. Be sure to research your method and if hiring a professional, thoroughly vet them. For men who opt to shave or wax, there is a good chance skin will be a little tender, maybe red, and a little sore afterward. Ingrown hairs can also result and be quite painful. For men who use clippers, be sure not to catch skin in them or go over an area more than once as it can cause razor burn. The growing out process can also be quite itchy.
Post-Care for a Hairless Penis
For those men who dare to go bare, a little post-removal skin care can help the redness and rawness they may be feeling in the newly de-fuzzed area. Cool compresses are a great way to pull the heat from the area. Simply soak a clean, soft washcloth in cool water, wring, and then place on the penis. Repeat as needed. Hydrocortisone creams (OTC) can also help bring down any inflamed follicles and reduce redness.
After you get a clean shave that your partner appreciates, and she gets down on you with no hair to remove from her mouth after a quick oral. Then you get down to business things don’t work out as you had hoped. You don’t have to stress too much or panic. Mens Clinic International is your next stop for getting help with your sexual performance.
We have been helping men for over 20 years with Early Ejaculation, weak erection, erectile dysfunction, low sex drive, STI treatment and circumcision for the uncut men. What is stopping you from getting professional help that will make your partner very much satisfied? You have taken the first step of shaving so you can look big; now take the next step to look stronger and improve your performance too.
Contact us to make an appointment using the following options and we will get back to you, SMS ‘Help” to 32110, Send a "please call me" to 072 315 2574 or Call us on 0860 362 867, Live Chat www.menshealth.co.za.