Sex is one of the most important parts of life aside from bringing babies into the world or reproduction. So it can be about intimacy and pleasure. However, sexual health is more than avoiding diseases and unplanned pregnancies. In addition it is also important to recognise sex as a significant part of your life to relive stress or anxiety and to maintain a happy healthy lifestyle. However, your body releases oxytocin (love hormone) and endorphins during an orgasm. So having an orgasm increases blood flow and releases natural pain-relieving chemicals.
Sex and Relationships
Firstly, in a relationship there are a variety of emotional benefits of sex, including improvement of your self-confidence. However, sex in a relationship could help you connect with your own body in a pleasurable way. In addition it could also help you bond with your partner and it could be a way of expressing love and care for them. Moreover, it’s important to be able to communicate and experience sexual satisfaction. So you may find relief and an increase in happiness when you take the time to have sex.
Common health benefits of sex
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Burning calories.
- Increasing heart health.
- Strengthening muscles.
- Reducing your risk of heart disease, stroke, and hypertension.
- Increasing libido.
Benefits of having a happy sex life
- Working on your sex life can increase feelings of desire and improve libido.
- Sex releases feel-good hormones like endorphins, helping to alleviate stress.
- A happy sex life can deepen your feelings of intimacy with your partner.
- People who enjoy sex with their partner experience increased happiness and more satisfaction with life.
- Sex is a form of exercise and can improve cardiovascular health.
- Vaginal sex increases the flow of blood to the vagina, reducing vaginal atrophy.
- Vaginal sex can also help strengthen vaginal muscles, reducing pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Frequent ejaculation may help prevent prostate cancer
Benefits of sex in women
- Improve bladder control.
- Reduce incontinence.
- Relieve menstrual and premenstrual cramps.
- Improve fertility.
- Build stronger pelvic muscles.
- Help produce more vaginal lubrication.
- Potentially protect ladies against endometriosis, or the growing of tissue outside your uterus.
Sex may benefit your mental health
- Firstly, increased satisfaction with your mental health.
- Secondly, increased levels of trust, intimacy, and love in your relationships.
- Thirdly, improved ability to perceive, identify, and express emotions.
- Lastly, the mental processes to reduce distress from emotional conflict.
Health benefits of masturbation
- Enhanced sex between partners.
- Understanding your own body.
- Increased ability for orgasms.
- Boosted self-esteem and body image.
- Increased sexual satisfaction.
- Possible treatment for sexual dysfunction.
In conclusion Mens Clinic International deals with any sexual problems that are related to Weak Erections, Early Ejaculation, Low Libido, STIs or Circumcision. Do get in touch with us to book a consultation with our professional doctors who specialise in Men’s Sexual Health.
To read more about sex, click here.